- QOwnNotes stores notes directly to your note folder as markdown files
- It can talk directly to your Nextcloud / ownCloud server to share notes
- You can also access your note history and trash on your Nextcloud / ownCloud server via the QOwnNotesApi Nextcloud app
- Todo lists on your Nextcloud / ownCloud server can be accessed from within QOwnNotes
- QOwnNotes does not sync your notes and media / attachment files, file syncing is a hard business, there are already good solutions for it (see Nextcloud desktop sync client)
Markdown note files¶
- You own all your notes and media / attachment files!
- Yours notes are stored as plain-text Markdown files on your desktop computer
- You can use any text editor you like beside QOwnNotes to view or edit your note files
- Sync your notes with other devices (desktop & mobile) with your Nextcloud or ownCloud sync client to your server
QOwnNotes browser extension¶
You can manage your browser bookmarks with QOwnNotes or use it as a web clipper.
Please visit QOwnNotes Web Companion browser extension for more information.
Nextcloud desktop sync client¶
Of course other solutions, like Dropbox, Syncthing, Seafile or BitTorrent Sync can be used too to sync your notes and other files
You can host your own server or use hosted solutions.
Of course other solutions, like Dropbox, Syncthing, Seafile or BitTorrent Sync can be used too to host your notes and other files
QOwnNotesAPI Nextcloud app¶
QOwnNotesAPI lets you access your server-side trashed notes and note versions.
Please visit QOwnNotesAPI Nextcloud App for more information.
Nextcloud Notes server app¶
Use Nextcloud Notes to edit your notes in the web.
Keep in mind that Nextcloud Notes currently only supports up to one level of subfolders.
Nextcloud Notes mobile app¶
To access your Nextcloud / ownCloud notes from your mobile device you can use different apps.
- Nextcloud Notes for Android (3rd party)
You could also use any sync-tool like Synchronize Ultimate or FolderSync to sync your note files and use software like neutriNotes to edit your notes.
- CloudNotes for iOS (3rd party)
You can also use Notebooks and sync your notes via WebDAV, there is a good tutorial at Taking Notes with Nextcloud, QOwnNotes, and Notebooks